Monday, September 19, 2011

Table for One

I can't remember the last time I had to say just one.
Maybe it happened during our marriage and it just went unnoticed by me.
But now that I'm single, alone again, I notice it.
Every time I have a craving for eating out.

Yes! I finally get to decided what I want to have.
No need to avoid Indian or Thai because you are so uncultured you can't see beyond American food.
No need to have to go to buffets to feed your never ending appetite.
No longer have to worry about you being upset because for once you ordered something different off the menu and hate it, or have to face the same ole appetizer everywhere we go: artichoke dip.

I get to have my own voice again.
Eat what I want when I want it.
So what if I want tacos from the lunch truck?
So what if I want the $25 ribeye steak?
No longer have to argue over my taste in food or the price of the meal.
No longer have to wait for someone else to be in the mood for eating out.
Now I go when I want to.

Yes it is a table for one.
Yes, I do want to hear tonight's specials.
Yes I do think I will have dessert tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment